“We, the Internationalist Commune of Rojava, want to contribute to the ecological
revolution in Northern Syria. To this end, we have started the campaign “Make Rojava
Green Again”, campaign in cooperation with the Ecology Committee of the Cizire
Canton. The campaign has three aspects:
- Building up the Internationalist Academy with an ecological ethos, to serve as
a working example for comparable projects and concepts for the entire
society. The academy will facilitate education for internationalists and for the
general population of Rojava, to strengthen awareness and environmental
consciousness, pushing to build up an ecological society.
- Joining the work of ecological projects for reforestation, and building up a
cooperative tree nursery as part of the Internationalist Academy.
- Material support for existing and future ecological projects of the Democratic
Self-administration, including sharing of knowledge between activists, scientists and experts with committees and structures in Rojava, developing a long-term perspective for an ecological Northern Syria Federation.
The first two concrete projects of the “Make Rojava Green Again” campaign are:
- Realization of the concepts of an ecological life and work in the Internationalist
Academy, partly with the building up a nursery as a part of the Academy. In the
spring of 2018, we will plant 2,000 trees in the area of the academy, and 50,000
shoots in the nursery.
- Practical and financial support for the Committee for Natural Conservation in the
reforestation of the Hayaka natural reserve, near the city of Derik, in Cizire Canton.
Over the next five years, we plan to plant more then 50,000 trees along the
shores of Sefan Lake.
The collective work in the nursery will also be a part of the education in the
internationalist academy, as well as a concrete expression of solidarity with the
communes, institutions, and structures of the population.”