The Federation of Northern and Eastern Syrian Co-operative Societies held their annual meeting in Qamishlo to discuss the current situation of co-operatives in the region, and many suggestions were made to develop the work of the co-ops.
- Organise training courses for all administrators in co-operative societies.
- Form an inspection and monitoring committee that will also study the projects.
- Reorganise the Centres of Co-operatives.
- Try to include ideas of co-operative societies in the school curriculum.
- If a co-operative fails, the administration of the co-operative should take responsibility, and not the Centre of Co-operatives.
- Try to include all the administrators in co-operatives, and all of their financial needs and legal rights should depend on the co-operatives.
- Distribute flyers that explain the aim of co-operatives.
- Expand the Federation throughout Northern and Eastern Syria.
- Change the name of ‘the lands of the movement’ into the lands of ‘common property’.
- Try to encourage the formation of internal transportation co-operatives.
- Make a contract with the beneficiaries of agricultural land, and the right to make a decision in case of infringement.
- Change the part of the Internal System of Co-operatives that addresses issues of kinship in land ownership.
- Improve media, and create programs that explain the ideas of co-operative societies.
Decisions about the trade cooperatives
- Reorganise Hevgirtin and specify the numbers of members.
- Strengthen relationships with all the co-operatives.
- Market the products of other co-operatives.
The agricultural co-operatives and their new decisions
- Specify the number of the agricultural co-operatives, according to the size of agricultural land.
- Encourage and expand livestock co-operatives everywhere in the region.
- Classify the members of agricultural land that belong to the co-operatives that have expired contracts, and organise them in the name of the federation to strengthen their budgets.
- Give some of the agricultural land to livestock co-operatives, according to their needs.
- Lend seeds to all agricultural land in common property.
- Fix all the groundwater wells in all the agricultural land.
- Bind all the agricultural co-operatives with the agricultural scheme of the cantons.
- Work on regulating the farmers’ agricultural land into co-operatives.